South Westmeath Rural Transport Association was formed in July 2002 as part of the National Development Plan. Our first services commenced in February 2003 with nine services. In 2007 South Westmeath Rural Transport Association extended by going mainstream and catering for the entire County. On the 5th February 2015 Westmeath amalgamated with Longford and changed its name to Longford Westmeath Community Transport CLG.
Longford Westmeath Community Transport CLG is funded by the Department of Transport, Tourism & Sport and administered by The National Transport Authority. The company is managed by a Board of 14 voluntary directors drawn from the community. It employs a Manager, Administrator and Dispatcher and is a not-for-profit organisation.
Directors of Longford Westmeath
- Tom FarrellChairperson
- Kathleen GrennanSecretary
- Sean Hannon
- Hugh FarrellHugh has worked for many years in the Health and Social Care area, in both the Statutory and Non Statutory Sector, and has a special interest in Disability issues
- Sean Farrell
- Mícheal Carrigy
- Mae Sexton
- Charles Harrison
- Bernie HcHughForoige - Youth Sector
- Ben LynnCommunity Rep : Tang Muintir Community Council
- Áine McFaddenPublic Health Nurse HSE covering Longford Westmeath based in primary care Athlone
- Patrick McGleenanPatrick is a Chartered Accountant & Member of the UK Association of Corporate Treasurers who has been in General Practice covering the greater Dublin & Midlands regions from his base in Moate, Co.Westmeath since 2004, having previously been a Merchant Banker in the City of London. In the community & voluntary sectors he has acted as a founder member of South Westmeath Rural Transport (the forerunner Co to LWRT) & Ballymore Community Childcare.
He represents the Ballymore, Boher, Killare & Moyvoughley areas for the Co.
- Maura SheridanRepresents the Community Sector in Granard Co. Longford
- Rita SmythRepresents all communities/groups in the North Westmeath area